Asbestos is the collective name for a bunch of minerals that exist in the environment naturally.And chemicallythese are silicate compounds meaning that they have atoms of silicon and water and can be released in any building be it a workplace, construction site, or any area where we live, and work and we can potentially come in contact with it if we are not careful about what we are doing. Inhaled asbestos fibers can cause life-threatening diseases, especially when inhaled in large quantities. So asbestos testing is really important. 

Properly contained asbestos is not a hazard and we ca readily protect ourselves against asbestos hazards. The key to individual safety rests in awareness and knowledge of what asbestos is, where it is likely to be located, and how it becomes dangerous.Asbestos has contributed to the early deaths of thousands of people perhaps tens of thousands because people have used asbestos over 2000 years that means its use started in the late 1800s.


Asbestos is used in multiple industries, such as, it is used in the construction industry to strengthen cement and plastic as well as for roofing, insulation sound absorption and fireproofing.

Asbestos is used by shipbuilding industry to insulate pipes, boilers, steams, and hot water pipes. It is used by automotive industry in the brakeshoes, vehicles, as well as clutch pads.Asbestos has also been used in the ceiling, floor, tiles, paints, coatings, adhesives, and plastics. 


In 1989, the US EPA banned asbestos use, however developed before 1989 are still allowed. Asbestos may be present somewhere and you might have no idea. You might get exposed to asbestos at your workplace, in your communication, or even in your homes.

If disturbed tiny asbestos particles are released in the air and you might have no clue about it. First of all, fibers will accumulate in your body that can lead to scarring and inflammation and the scarring can lead to serious health problems. 

Asbestos is classified as a human known carcinogen that is the substance causing cancer. And it a proven fact that asbestos causes lung cancer, mesothelial cancer, and other infections.


Whatever someone says, all possible asbestos-containing materials (ACMS) are some sort of toxic materials so do not touch it at all or sniff it. If it is labeled as asbestos and appears to be damaged do not touch it. These are some basic precautions and if someone has touched the asbestos call immediately the concerned emergency. Let him properly wash himself but the Asbestos helpline. Just be safe and spread this awareness to others so that they may not die from asbestos contamination in their bodies.