Most people of today’s world need clarification on lead generation and demand generation. Digital marketers have even begun to use these terms interchangeably and claim it is unnecessary to distinguish between them. But how interchangeable are these concepts? What should you refer to as your targeted marketing strategy matters? Continue reading to learn the distinction between lead generation and demand generation and how SaaS marketing agencies like Voxturr will help your business to grow!
What is demand generation?
The practice of raising awareness and demand for your goods or services is known as demand generation marketing. Your audience grows, the buzz is created, and traffic increases, encouraging people to take action. Suppose you took the term “demand generation” (or “demand gen”) at face value. In that case, you might assume that it only refers to creating a generalized, essential, and immeasurable “demand” for your good or service. Demand generation is a shortened term for the data-driven marketing techniques used by any growth marketing agency to raise awareness and interest in a particular agency.
What is lead generation?
The results of your demand-generation marketing activities are leads. Lead generation converts potential consumers (or prospects) who express interest in your goods or services into paying clients. In other words, demand generation brought them to your attention; lead generation will get them to your wallet. When generating B2B leads, there are endless strategies a SaaS marketing agency can use to turn those interested prospects into clients. The overall objective of your campaign will determine the types of content that are most effective for delivering your message.
Here’s what demand generation looks like for B2B SaaS, according to the growth marketing experts:
- Informing potential customers about their problems.
- Removing any obstacles a potential customer would face in switching to your solutions, making the decision simple for them when the time comes.
- Providing value for essential elements to help you stay in people’s minds. By doing this, you establish trust, and people will consider you first when they need a solution to an issue in the future. This is why many demand-generation marketers mention ungated content—the information given to prospects without expecting anything in return.
- Concentrating on bringing in prospects you can convert at the top of the funnel.
- Attracting the appropriate kind of traffic to you as they already have some knowledge of your solutions, you don’t need to explain them in great detail.
- Demand Gen frequently leads to an increase in evangelists. People who, at times, even without being your customers, gush about your solutions to others.
Here are the main steps you need to consider when planning a demand generation campaign, according to the SaaS marketing agency experts:
- Encourage self-reported attribution: Be sure to ask an open-ended question on your forms, such as, “How did you learn about us?” It will assist you in choosing the appropriate platforms and content to engage your audience.
- Produce pertinent material: After you’ve developed and tested your ICP and personas, produce relevant content that informs your audience about their problems and raises awareness of them.
- Look through the appropriate channels: Based on self-reported attribution, you should be able to identify some of your ICP’s hangouts and the conversations you can assign to them in your CRM. Use those platforms to connect with your audience, but ensure you’re just giving forth practical information.
- Develop connections using the appropriate cadences: Once you’ve discovered those platforms, experiment with the proper rhythms to post your content and connect with your audience. The primary goal of your outreach is to improve relationships, comprehend their problems, and even begin to educate them about your solutions.
Here’s what lead generation looks like for B2B SaaS according to the growth marketing experts:
- Getting prospects who are already aware of their problems and looking for answers
- Conducting competitive research to ensure that your value propositions appeal more to prospects than your rivals, mainly since opportunities are frequently at that point in the funnel’s consideration stage.
- Obtaining as much data as possible from a lead to assist in moving them down the funnel.
- Targeting leads that convert quickly to increase revenue.
In the end,
Voxturr is a customer-oriented SaaS marketing agency concentrated on assisting SaaS companies with lead generation and growth acceleration. We help SaaS companies cut through the clutter and increase awareness, signups, and revenue with our tested SaaS marketing tactics, which include Content Marketing, Account-Based Marketing, Organic Marketing, Search Engine Marketing (PPC), and Platform Marketing. As a B2B SaaS marketing agency, we focus on different objectives at every step of your business development. Additionally, we develop marketing funnels to increase lead generation, retain clients, and create a sales pipeline!